autoX’s first ever section cover for its motorsport coverage. Fittingly, editor Dhruv Behl decided it would go in the 7th anniversary issue (November, 2013) and as luck would have it India’s premier cross-country motorsport event – the Maruti-Suzuki Raid de Himalaya – was featured prominently on the section cover.
On this page are articles that have appeared in autoX since I joined in May of 2013. Have not posted all the articles I have written or any of the web-only pieces.
The full list of motorsport related articles printed in autoX, going back to January 2012, can be read here.
I had also worked at Hindustan Times from March, 2011 to April, 2013 almost exclusively covering motorsport, both national and international events, including the first two editions of the Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix.
Prior to working as a professional journalist, I filed some stories for my college newspaper as well.
Will keep adding more as and when they are published.
– Gaurav Gill’s FIA APRC title defence may not have been successful but there is still much for him to look forward to
– Wondering what could have been at the National Racing Championship finale at the Buddh International F1 circuit
– What are the first three drivers of the Sahara Force India Academy up to these days?
– A big picture look at the debut race of the all-electric Formula E race in Beijing
– What on Earth happened to Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen in the 2014 F1 season?
– National karting makes a welcome return to Kohlapur
– Off-road competition in India takes a big step forward with the start of the Rainforest Challenge India
– The problem of not having enough is a serious one for the MRF Formula Ford 1600 championship
– Samir Thapar finally takes advantage of having the most advanced car in the Indian Rally Championship field
– A first of its kind in terms of a motorsport driver selection program. The Nissan GT Academy India finals in Jaipur
– Mahindra and Volkswagen’s involvement in the Indian Rally Championship is a good thing but a lot still needs to be done
– The JK Tyre Racing Championship and Volkswagen Polo R Cup races in Coimbatore
– The opening round of the National Karting Championship at Lahiri Resorts outside of Hyderabad
– Getting a sense of how Formula E is taking shape along with India’s own entry; Mahindra Racing
– Prior to the Austrian and British Grands Prix, looking at the intense intra-team rivalry between Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton
– Didn’t take a byline for this but the 24 Hours of Le Mans was too engrossing to not write about
No articles filed due to being preoccupied with non-work related issues
– Looking at F1’s dogged resistance in embracing YouTube
– Narain Karthikeyan off to an encouraging start in Japan-based Super Formula
– Gaurav Gill getting his FIA APRC title defence off to a perfect start
– Raid de Himalaya and Desert Storm winner C S Santosh makes amends at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
– Feature on the Baja SAE India held at Pithampur near Indore on February 22 and 23
– Looking ahead to Narain Karthikeyan embarking on a campaign in the new-look Japan-based Super Formula season
– Feature after speaking to legendary F1 designer Gordon Murray at the Shell Global Lecture series at IIT Madras
– Formula 1 news feature following the sport’s promoter stating that there will be no Indian Grand Prix in 2015
– The season preview for the new Formula 1 season in the context of pre-season testing
– Didn’t write this but feature on the new F1 regulations by our media partner Quattroruote magazine of Italy
– Final round of the 2013-2014 MRF Challenge and the opening round of the Formula Ford 1600 championship
– News feature on the postponement of the FIA Asia Cup round to be held at Chikmagalur
– News feature on the change in Indian trade policy pertaining to the transport of circuit racing equipment in and out of the country
– The magazine’s collective desire to see F1 legend Michael Schumacher recover from the life threatening injuries sustained following a skiing accident in December
– Looking ahead to the all-electric FIA Formula E Championship
– Didn’t write this but a must-read feature by renowned racing driver coach Rob Wilson
– Final round of the 2013 JK Tyre Racing Championship
– Fifth and final round of the 2013 Indian National Rally Championship
– Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit
– F1 champions Red Bull Racing take on a new avatar
– Ferrari’s Shell trackside visit
– F1’s official tyre supplier Pirelli at the Indian GP
– How the change in engine regulations and the new audio signature of F1 shape public perception
– The plight of the F1 minnows at the Indian GP
– Gaurav Gill clinching the 2013 FIA Asia-Pacific Rally Championship
– Raid de Himalaya
– Third round of the JK Tyre Racing Championship
– Narain Karthikeyan AutoGP feature
– Feature on karting champion Jehan Daruvala
– Preview to the Indian Grand Prix
– National Racing Championship at the Buddh International F1 circuit
– News feature on the Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix being omitted from the 2014 calendar
– Interview with Narain Karthikeyan
– Feature on Ameya Bafna and Tarun Reddy
– Feature on first two rounds of the JK Tyre Racing Championship
– Season opening round of the Indian National Rally Championship at Coimbatore
– Third round of the National Racing Championship
– News feature on Pirelli’s tyre troubles at the Formula 1 British Grand Prix
– Season opener for the national karting championship
– Feature on Desert Storm and Raid de Himalaya winner CS Santosh within the magazine’s motorsport section
– Volkswagen Motorsport India’s pre-season fitness camp